Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

The third area were all mini computers of various
manufacturers and all ran Unix software. Those who worked on the
mini computers were a species unto themselves and seriously thought
that their systems had more power than our four floors of mainframe
hardware. They were a conceited self-inflated bunch of *******s.

Let me see... I'd like to run my latest code through an assembler. I can
run it on the PDP-11 over in the corner, or submit it to the OS/370 gods
running the timeshare system along with a goat and get the job back in a
day or two after they get done running the quarterly reports. Difficult
decision.

In later days I moved to CP/M. It might not have been more powerful but
IT wasn't going to buy a $12,000 Z-80 cross assembler to run on the
mainframe.