Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 05:45:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

-- I re-loaded my Windows XP and have another 30 days or so before the activation problems kick in again. I believe the reason I cannot bypass activation is the wpa.dbl file sees too much new hardware. So Windows XP thinks I am trying to unlawfully load the software on a second computer. Which arguably, given all the hardware change-outs I have done on my beloved old 2006 workhorse desktop could be said to be fair. Over the years, I have installed a few replacement mobos; new power supply; new RAM; new SSD; new CD-drive.

Did you load the SP3 updates? If so it should activate vis the server.
Without SP3 it will have a connection problem. This is 2 week old info
since I just reloaded this PC, using an old 25 digit code I had laying
around from another active machine. That one is still going too