Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default [Power] UK breaks solar power record, supplies more power than nuke

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 19:39:52 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip

I don't know why whether it was cloudy or windy or not should be any or
our concern. If wind(solar) can do x Gw at some given moment, then
we've obviously installed (and paid for) x Gw of capacity.

It should therefore be the responsibility of wind(solar) to be able to
supply x Gw on a 7 x 24 basis. How they do that is not our concern.

If they can't do that then they are in breach of contract.

+1

I think fining them for any deficiency in supply and giving that money
back to all those energy consumers not receiving FIT payments could be
one (real world) solution.

Cheers, T i m