Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rust prevention on surfaces... in today's environments

On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 20:47:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/2/2017 7:19 PM, Leon wrote:
On 6/2/2017 6:11 PM, Leon wrote:

I use one of these. It's been flawless.

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/magnetic_table_saw_cover.html

The issue with any cover, plywood included, is that it does nothing to
protect the miter slots (BTW, the plywood should be thin enough that
it sits on the top like a noodle). Any prep tends to get worn off in
these areas, too, making the miter gauge sticky. One has to be
particularly careful to keep these clean.

Is it difficult to align, if it starts crooked and does not cover the
surface is it easy to straighten?

Nevermind, my TS top is 30" x 44" The cover would be too small.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I bet you used to buy the XL condoms too.

Used to? You mean before he was married? ;-)