Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Rust prevention on surfaces... in today's environments

On 6/2/2017 12:14 PM, Steve wrote:
Great info, folks. thank you very much. I think I'm going to give the TopCote a try-- the non-transferring and slicker nature does appeal to me out of both options.

Wax aside, I'm a little surprised there are no new products out there for people, but as a number of you mentioned, 'why mess with a good thing?'

No issues with VOC changes for anyone, either-- that's a good thing too.

I'll repost in a few months or so to let you know how it went, after a while. If I can find a coupon, I'll donate the savings to the baby caranuba efforts. The seal's on his own, though!

Thanks,
Steve

A hint for using TopCote. For the first application spray a thorough
layer. I typically spray the surface with horizontal strokes, let it
haze over and wipe the film off. The I do the same with vertical strokes.
From that point use it as needed, I touch up if the surface feels
grabby or if I drip sweat on the table. ;~)