Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rust prevention on surfaces... in today's environments

Steve wrote in
:

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 1:14:42 PM UTC-4, Steve wrote:

Oh-- and I'll definitely cut a piece of ply to fit over my table--
another great idea, thanks, all.

I had considered a cover or tarp, but didn't think that would suffice
in this environment-- the moisture's simply everywhere. The ply
makes sense-- thanks again.

A tarp can actually trap moisture, so it will be worse than leaving your
saw uncovered. The plywood, being in intimate contact with the top,
won't have any air space in which to trap moisture and might help.
Personally, I'd give the fancy stuff (topcote or similar) a try and forgo
the top. IMO, a plywood top would encourage setting stuff on the saw.

Puckdropper