Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

On Thu 01 Jun 2017 07:22:55p, Roger Blake told us...

On 2017-06-01, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:
Beleve me, I well understand. I clocked in around 35 years if
you count working with mainframe and mini computers at Bell Labs.
Piddling around with desktop machines of any ilk was like
child's play by comparison. The average person simply doesn't
undersand and doesn't want to. They think they're so smart
working with their little Linux and Unix boxes. Little do they
know. They're welcome to it, IMHO.

You newbies really are a hoot. I measure the uptime on my "little
Linux and Unix" boxes in years. But whatever, if you want to stay
in the Windows playpen you are welcome to it.

You're so full of crap it makes my eyes water. I was working with Unix
on mini computers before you even knew what it was. I just prefer to
not have it on a personal computer.

You have to admit, in terms of "using/managing resources" Windows is a
joke.. it hardly tries.
I think that is embarrassing considering how long it has been out
there. For an upgrade, MS changes the desktop, or invades your privacy
more..