Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 04:32:22 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Wed 31 May 2017 08:45:08p, told us...

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 03:11:11 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Wed 31 May 2017 07:07:47a, rbowman told us...

On 05/31/2017 03:07 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
I have never had a problem with Windows. I have used Linix and
Unix in the work environment and absolutel hated it. I wold
never put on my own PC.

If you are satisfied with Windows, fine. However saying you've
never had a problem with Windows suggests your use has been
quite casual.

I'm a constant user. Before I retired I worked in many IT
positions including a Windows network administrator and
technician. I'm pretty fanatical about maintaining all the
computers in our home. If you learn how to avoid problems, you
don't generally have problems.

There are MANY serious Windows users who have virtually no
problems -
and perhaps as many 'Nix users who have had a LOT of problems (and
have given up on the OS)

The current Apple OS is basically a 'Nix distro underneath. When
my wife worked at Health Services at Laurier U, they used Mac
Medical, while I administered a Windows network. The Mac system
was down MANY times while the Windows system was virtually rock
solid.

Macintosh - Machine Always Crashes, If Not The Operating System
Hangs

Thanks. You are clearly someone who has the knowledge and
understandng.

Over 26 years of working daily with the darn "confusers" including
about 5 years in R&D