Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [Power] UK breaks solar power record, supplies more power than nuke

On Wednesday, 31 May 2017 15:57:51 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 31 May 2017 15:28:05 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Unlikely. We don't want to co-operate with our nearest neighbours, so
why think a world wide agreement possible?

Money talks...

But it won't happen until we have "sensible temperature" super
conductors.

That'll be a game changer, no losses,

won;t be that much of a gane changer as they only estimate that the losses due to reistance is about 20%.

where it would be an advantage is in computers that won't need to be cooled.

so you could move as much
energy as you can shove in all over the globe on a mesh made of
things the size of todays single fibre optic strand.

This would also depend on what the substance is we eventually find it could be rare like gold or other rarer elements that'll just cost to much to manufacture and put into use.

Did you see the program on super elements last week. ?