Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [Power] UK breaks solar power record, supplies more power than nuke

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 31/05/2017 11:26, Bob Eager wrote:
Or a winter's day with a nice high sitting over the country. Short solar
day, no wind.

On Wed, 31 May 2017 11:14:08 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'd like to see them do this at night in the winter.
Brian

Baby steps. Eventually we will have a world wide d.c. grid where the sun
will shine and the wind will blow somewhere on the planet during your
summer, autumn,, spring, winter and night.

Unlikely. We don't want to co-operate with our nearest neighbours, so why
think a world wide agreement possible?

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW