Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Push button for garage door opener

On Tue, 30 May 2017 17:49:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 11:36:06 PM UTC-5, gcotterl wrote:
I have a push button mounted on the stud next to the garage door. The
electrical wires are correctly connected to the push button and to the
garage-door opener because, when I push the button, the garage door
opens and closes.

The push button has suffered a dent so it needs to be replaced.

I have bought a new push button and attached the wires correctly.

Now, when I push the button, the garage door goes up. But, when I
push the button again. the door doesn't go down unless I disconnect
and reconnect the wires.

Apparently, I bought the wrong type of push button. What kind of push
button do I need to buy?

One with no light or diode