Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 230V plug into a (type A) socket that looks like 120V (but isactually 220V) - is there such an adapter?

On 05/25/2017 9:15 PM, wrote:
So, we have a dedicated socket for the A/C, which looks like a plain 120V socket,
but it's not, I measured it and it has 220V coming through. ...

http://www.nooutage.com/nema_configurations.htm

is a good configuration chart.

Besides the other comments about just configuration, what's the required
amperage the A/C unit requires and is the receptacle wired sufficiently
to provide that?

If it's got a 15A plug and 14 ga wiring, that's a lot more of a fire
hazard with a device pulling 20-30A perhaps than just the plug
configuration...