Posted to alt.support.depression,alt.home.repair
Doug Laidlaw[_2_] Doug Laidlaw[_2_] is offline

Default OUR FEARLESS LEADER ATTENDS SERVICES AT ARLINGTON

On 30/05/17 01:13, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Honoring those who have fallen--that's what it's all about.

-------------
Honoring our fallen heroes.

Making America respected again.

Why? Didn't they do that before his time? What about Lincoln? What
about the Gettysburg address?

I never knew whether Memorial Day was observed seriously. According to
a daily podcast from the U.S. Govt, it was simply a long weekend and the
first day of summer. But that is not so, and neither it should be. It
is all over the Second Life and similar grids. I really thought it a
great idea of Lincoln's to say that the Confederate soldiers were
fighting for the future of the country as much as the North, and should
be buried at Arlington alongside the Yankees. That is what politics is
all about. Both sides wanted the best for their country, but their
visions of the best were different. In England, the opposition in
Parliament is called "Her Majesty's Opposition."

Australia Day, Jan 26, was originally observed with a public holiday on
the following Monday. But it did become "just another long weekend."
Now, we observe it on the actual day. Naturally, that can't be done
with Memorial Day, which has no specific date.

Our official first day of winter is June 1. The other 3 events are
similar: the first day of March, September or December.

Doug.
--
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it.