Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

On 2017-05-28, wrote:

There's just about as many "free" and "open source" stuff for Windoze
as there is for Linux.

Something I learned many years ago!

FACT: Young Turk programmers, all taking college level CS courses, have
to prove themselves by creating/developing a program (application,
app, etc). They then offer it for free, online. I usta get all my Windows
"freeware" from online Windows repositories. Then, after awhile, if
the app is successful (mIRC), they start charging $$ for it.

Linux licenses are typically "copy-left" programs. Look it up!

nb