Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meters and supplier swap delays

On Saturday, 27 May 2017 22:31:14 UTC+1, DJC wrote:
On 27/05/17 01:47, tabbypurr wrote:

C'mon, we all know they won't limit it, what they'll do is extract more money from folks that don't obey the not-really-limit.

Rather like the Italian system, you get a special low price on an
installation limited to 5kW, go over that and the smart meter cuts the
supply so you need to reset it. If you want more than 5kW you pay a
higher tariff.
In practice that means in my Italian apartment the washing machine and
water heater can run concurrently but putting on the dishwasher at the
same time is likely (if all the heaters come on at the same time) to cut
the lot.

I went & saw a flat that was on a 5A feed once.

NT