Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default 230V plug into a (type A) socket that looks like 120V (but is actually 220V) - is there such an adapter? 120%20vol;t[1].gif [1/2] 230V plug into a (type A) socket that looks like 120V (but is actually 220V) - is there such an adapter?

On Sat, 27 May 2017 15:33:28 -0700 Sat, 27 May 2017 15:33:28 -0700, "Tony944" ,"Tony944"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 5/26/2017 2:25 PM, Tony944 wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 5/25/2017 10:15 PM, wrote:
So, we have a dedicated socket for the A/C, which looks like a plain
120V socket, but it's not, I measured it and it has 220V coming
through. So, once we get the 230V A/C in, how can I plug it in that
socket?

I've tried looking online and have been having a very hard time trying
to figure out (1) whether such an adapter (horizontal prong female to
vertical prong male) exists, and (2) how even to express this idea in
a way that I could get anything meaningful from Amazon or whatever.

*Horizontal prong are 220, "only Vertical prongs are 120", that is not
mistake and it is legal*

Not sure what you are talking about. The OP said it looks just like a
120 but has 220V. that is not legal. He is looking for an adapter to
put his 220 horizontal plug on the AC cord into.

Tony, this isn't a binaries group. Don't post binaries here. Posting a link to a hosting site where you have
your binary files stored is the way to do it, OK?