Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 05/27/2017 1:21 PM, Leon wrote:

If for some reason there was interference, a small piece of cut off
material dropped into the saw and later restricts the path of the
arbor/blade such that it restricts the arbor/blade carriage assembly
from dropping I believe the Bosch will still cut you.

Haven't actually seen one, but I'd venture that's a stretch...

The two actions aren't independent so it's a different definition of
"redundant" than thinking.

The Bosch activation is akin to an airbag deployment; the location below
the arbor would have to have something pretty solid to support any
cutoff so think is remote chance at best...

Has Gass sold SS stock, Leon?