Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On 5/27/2017 12:51 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 12:40:28 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Bosch system doing the least damage to the blade and having the lowest
cost to reset.

Well, someone got the ball rolling in the right direction!

I think also it is going to be difficult to get past the wording on his
patent concerning how the devise is triggered, being touched.

FWIW the Bosch does not ruin the blade.

Always the intent. Patents, copyrights, and other protected "stuff" are only as good as the language that protects them. So the language is intentionally specific but broad as well. Specific enough to protect the "stuff", but broad enough to discourage copy.

BTW Leon, I read you description of the guy with the sander out on Karl's job. I literally laughed so hard I thought I was going to drop my laptop. Hilarious and so true. The picture painted was perfect, down to observing the basic OSHA rule of keep the two hots on a 220V separated. Classic job site situation.

Robert

That was funny, huh?