Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default USPS Includes Junk Mail With Official Correspondence

On 5/26/2017 7:41 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
My daughter submitted a change of address via the USPS website. To verify
the change, the USPS sent a letter to our house addressed to "My Daughter's
Name or Current Residence" stating that if the requested change was not valid,
she should contact the USPS immediately.

Stuffed in the envelope were move-related glossy advertisements from the
following companies:

wayfair.com
Progressive Insurance
SimpliSafe Security Systems
Citizens Bank
DIRECTV
Frontier Communications
Lowe's

It just seems wrong for junk mail to be included with a piece of official correspondence from a government agency.

Just think of your recycling bin as your delete key.