Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CPSC Proposes New Safety Rule for Tablesaws

On Fri, 26 May 2017 15:18:20 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/26/2017 12:42 PM, dpb wrote:
On 05/26/2017 11:23 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
On 05/26/2017 9:19 AM, Leon wrote:

I was going to go there, ;~) but out of the 350 million "maybe" only
250
mil are in the working group. Still a relative small number are getting
hurt considering the size of the pool of woodworking tradesmen.

But out of the 250M, only a small fraction actually use a tablesaw...

I _STILL_ think it's too high...

I'm wondering if they're including circular saw injuries in the
numbers - the contractor who replaced my windows last year cut off
one of his fingers a few days prior to my job. Typical case - he
was holding a board in one hand and the saw in another (and he wasn't
a youngster, either, and he even knew better).

I'm virtually certain of it plus quite a few other categories as well
I'm guessing (bandsaw, RAS, etc., etc., etc., ...) as they're just ER
statistics and I really, Really, REALLY doubt there's much actual
investigation gone into actually defining the precise situation of the
accident.

I'd suspect almost any such injury gets thrown into a general category.

If had the time, it would be interesting to try to actually delve into
the data itself, but it's planting season and then harvest and then and
and then and and...

--

I'm sure the ER's are too busy to ponder over reporting accidents that
occurred by what type of circular saw was being used, brand, color, etc.

I'm sure the government forms have checkboxes (now "reporting codes")
already set up for all that stuff.