Posted to rec.woodworking
tangent tangent is offline

Default lost my yellow plastic safety key!

replying to dpb, tangent wrote:
Ebay has copies of two prong yellow button for sale 7 to 8 US. A bit high,
so for a cheap alternate, any thing that will shape out to two prongs will
work. I just twisted a length of 12 gauge electrical wire into a U. Works,
but wire might be hazard in the switch body. Fix 2. If you notice, the
Craftsman safety key measures out very close to the kiddie 120 VAC outlet
protectors. Just trim the terminal width down to match the Craftsman key.
The prongs are oblique to the key tab. Use a heating element (soldering iron
tip) to get the base of the prong plastic and cant to angle.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ey-389831-.htm