HeatMan

Default circ pump noise? (hot water heat)

"Chuckles" wrote in message
m...
"HeatMan" wrote in message

thlink.net...
would you like a list of all the pumps B&G sells under the 'little red'
name?

There are only two. One is a potable water pump (LR15), which leaves
only one for hydronic use, LR20BF, which is what I have. If you have a
longer list, don't hesitate to post it here.

Actually there are 4. BTW, the LR15, unless you forgot to add the 'BF,' is
not for potable water. It's an iron bodied circ.

I did find a web page for a supply store that said these were
throwaway pumps, and this is confirmed by the fact that B&G doesn't
provide instructions or sell bearing replacement parts. So I will
replace the whole pump, which is something I can do myself without too
much trouble. The new pump will cost $140 by mail, with shipping.

Yeah it is a throw away. Buy 2. I've heard that B&G are about to
discontinue manufacture of that line. I don't believe it, but I've heard it
from a couple of different sources.