Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default Alternative Operating Systems to Windows

wrote in message
I can no longer activate Windows XP on my desktop computer, even using the
various go-arounds offered on the net. I can afford Windows 10 and so on,
but I have given too many hours over the years to its Regedit, restore yada
features. I do not need bells and whistles. I need a decent word processor,
spreadsheet, pdf viewer. I have a small Chromebook as my second computer.
For anything serious, I can use my little Chromebook or go to the public
library.

I am ready to try a free alternative operating system, such as Linux's
Ubuntu.

If you use a free operating system, can you post your thumbs up or thumbs
down for it compared to Windows?

Some people prefer Linux Mint over Ubuntu.