Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Enlarge a hole in wood?

DICEGEORGE wrote:
glue/screw/nail an offcut to the outside / other side of the door.
drill new hole into that and through the door.
remove offcut

[g]

I was thinking of that after I posted. I'm not sure that the flat bits
I have will continue to go straight once they're in the hole, although
they do have flat sides, which I suppose will help, and then I just have
to hold it straight. It does sound like the first thing I should try,
just to see how it goes. The wood (oak) is hard, which I think will
help to control things a bit.