Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Kroil

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 3:00:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

A machinist friend of mine swears by Kroil, to the point of derision by others when the subject comes up. Many years ago, one of my buddies drilled out a steel plate and welded in like 8 bolts to it. We buried it in his back yard near the wetlands part of his lot and planned to dig it up in two years and use it as fairly well controlled test bed for various elixirs. Unfortunately, he moved and we forgot to dig it back up.

Most evidence I've found on the subject is anecdotal. Without a control there's no way of knowing if one of these solutions would have worked better or worse than any other.