Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Kroil

After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 3:00:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

A machinist friend of mine swears by Kroil, to the point of derision by others when the subject comes up. Many years ago, one of my buddies drilled out a steel plate and welded in like 8 bolts to it. We buried it in his back yard near the wetlands part of his lot and planned to dig it up in two years and use it as fairly well controlled test bed for various elixirs. Unfortunately, he moved and we forgot to dig it back up.

Most evidence I've found on the subject is anecdotal. Without a control there's no way of knowing if one of these solutions would have worked better or worse than any other.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 3:00:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I got a jelly jar full of Kroil from a neighbor.
It seems to be better than other stuff.. but it's always
hard to tell. I've never tried the 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone.

George H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The bolt came right out, with only the 'correct' amount of torque required. The entire job took 20 minutes, and now the car is running 'like new'.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

As the ad says "Kroil It. "Don't Spoil It".
CP