Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I'm glad Jeremy Corbyn is putting aside trivial subjects like Trident to concentrate on what really matters - bank holidays

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I also think we forget how much worse things were in just the 1960s,
never mind before that. People have come to expect miracles, and sadly
these are a little thin on the ground.

In general, people are living longer than in the '60s. And fewer children
look after their elderly parents.

If we spent anything close to the maximum per head other similar countries
do on health care, etc, the 'it simply can't be afforded' message from the
right wing might be valid.

Otherwise, it just comes down to priorities.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.