Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default I'm glad Jeremy Corbyn is putting aside trivial subjects like Trident to concentrate on what really matters - bank holidays

Yes it does look a little bit like negative campaigning, I agree.
No we are not stupid, but all the while the treasury grabs stuff and
fiddles the sheets in the background to look good nobody, probably not even
the elected members knows what the heck is going on. Yes Minister is still
as relevant now as it always was.

I also think we forget how much worse things were in just the 1960s, never
mind before that.
People have come to expect miracles, and sadly these are a little thin on
the ground.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 26/05/17 08:27, Brian Gaff wrote:
I am more disengaged with this election than normal, merely because the
big
issue of health and social care seems to have nobody who can resolve it
without upping the taxes for all people and nobody wants to actually
admit
this.

Yep.

Rather than all this prime time debating ******** (which I applaud May for
shunning), they need to do a well through out party political broadcast,
one for each main party, with slides and numbers explaining the numbers.

I think you'll find that much of the electorate aren't as stupid as the
politicians like to pretend they are and if it was a case of:

"We can improve policing, healthcare and education - but it will cost X.
We can borrow Y and tax Z, and we propose that Y and Z should be...
And if we borrow too much Y with no plan on how to pay it back then we'll
have rampant inflation and it will affect trade in this way"

Then people could make an informed choice.

All we have is:

Corbyn - £250b shortfall, mostly borrowing and some token taxation against
the toffs.

May: No spending and bugger the homeless etc.

Fallon: I don't hate gays, not really... Can I get down from this fence
now, my arse is starting to hurt?