Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tyre biter tyre biter is offline

Default Dropping the Hammer on Comey... Brilliant!

On 5/25/2017 5:37 PM, wrote:
It's one of a few rhetorical devices that I use in writing, the key ones among them that begin with "ana":

anadiplosis repeating last word of clause at beginning of next clause
analepsis repetition of a word or phrase for emphasis; pleonasm
anaphora repetition of a word at beginning of successive phrases for emphasis
anastrophe reversing or inverting word order as rhetorical device

http://phrontistery.info/index.html

I have memory devices assigned to the few that I use. For anadiplosis, I picture the two adjacent words with a period between them -- which is a "dip" in the visual appearance of the words. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Wrong URL. It should be:

http://phrontistery.info/rhetoric.html

This is why they call you crazy eddy, innit?