Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT But WTH Computer cases

On Thu, 25 May 2017 18:35:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/25/2017 3:28 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Also, wired is simpler and more
reliable. I find that WiFi doesn't make sense in a device that stays in
one place.

When you have to run a cable through three room and a floor it makes a
lot of sense.

I lot of that depends on planning. I am a "wire" guy and every time I
have a wall open or any other opportunity I run some 3/4" smurf tube
to a convenient spot in the attic. Running wire becomes trivial after
that. I am currently pulling out some somewhat obsolete stuff and
replacing it with more modern stuff. I have WiFi here for my guests
but it is firewalled from my wired network.