Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default How to de-scale a loo that is connected to a Septic tank?

"jim" k wrote in message ...
"michael adams" Wrote in message:

"newshound" wrote in message
On 5/25/2017 9:59 AM, michael adams wrote:
wrote in message ...

Using a sacrificial soup ladle or similar, (or maybe not sacrfifcial if funds are
very tight, I suppose) its a fairly simple matter to bail out almost all of the
water
in the bottom of an S bend (and thus the toilet) into a bucket afterwards if this
is thought necessary.

michael adams

A wet and dry vacuum cleaner is even easier.

First buy your wet and dry vaccuum cleaner.

And in any case this was an observation about baling
out toilets in general.

As from my admittedly limited experience of bailing out toilets
I'm much happier consigning the results to a bucket which can
be flushed away immediately, rather than the inside of a vaccuum
cleaner.

michael adams

Do you have a septic tank?

Er no.

The point was to prevent chemicals used to soften the
scale from being flushed into the septic tank. These
are also the sort of chemicals which I wouldn't
necessarily want to sit inside a wet and dry vaccum
cleaner. Not without having to check various labels
spec sheets and disclaimers. A bucket costing 90 p
can be emptied outside over the soil.

michael adams