HeatMan

Default circ pump noise? (hot water heat)

Can you read the model number of the circ? It may be a close coupled circ
that can be changed easily....

"Chuckles" wrote in message
om...
In our new house, which I am still exploring, there is hot water heat
with two zones (two pumps, one boiler).

One of the pumps, while not noisier than the other one when I'm
standing next to them, creates a sound all over the house (even in the
other zone). It is a low drdrdrdrdr sound like a cheap motor scooter
in the distance.

It's a B&G "Little Red" pump, 1/20 hp, for heating maybe 400 sq ft (a
newer addition). It appears to work OK (delivers heat). It has been
lubricated.

Is it the pump, or something in its connection to the rest of the
system?

If the pump, are these pumps by any chance "hot-swappable" (i.e.
chageable without draining the system)? It seems to have one piece
inline with the water, and the rest of the pump is mounted onto that
piece from the side, but I don't know if it can be disassembled at
that point.

Note, again, that the pump isn't particularly noisy when I am standing
next to it. I don't know if that means anything.