Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default burls for sale

Sonny writes:
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:55:53 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
writes:
i have couple burls i need to sell if anyone is looking for some burls

Hm.. Assuming the lake superior region of northern wisconsin, one might assume that such burls
are softwood; or perhaps Birch or Beech.

Can you post the exact species of burl?

Scott, if you're in Wisconsin, your Craigslist has several offerings.
https://greenbay.craigslist.org/sear...burls&sort=rel

Sonny, I was just pointing out that the OP didn't provide sufficient
information in his posting, and given he was posting from the Superior
school district, was curious what type of burls he'd find that far north.

I've already procured a few Redwood burl slabs. One coffee-table sized
that I need to find something to do with.

Those listings are of pretty big burls. I don't readily see that large of burls, here in Louisiana, nor that many. About the only burled wood I see is rootball stock.

Ha, you must see different output from that query than I - of the first
seven, three are for finished furniture, one for cork flooring, one for
a record collection and one add for Broadway automotive. Only one lists
burls, and it had no pictures.