Posted to alt.home.repair
junkmeister junkmeister is offline

Default OT But WTH Computer cases

On 05/24/2017 10:50 PM, Albert Hodge wrote:

It seems computer cases have changed a lot over the years.

I have three old computer cases, one is ten years old, two are around
eighteen years old. I'm about to build a new computer and I want to
use some old equipment, if it will work. Will these old cases work
with the new motherboards, where the start, and reset buttons will
work without much problem? I'm not interested in the USB ports, or
audio ports on the front, but I will need the start button and reset
button to work.

I've read some post on this group where someone builds computers. Its
been a long time since I've built one, and connectors have changed a
lot, according to pictures I've seen of new cases. I just don't want
to end up having to throw away these cases. I've got power supplies
and cases and would like to use them. Yes I'm a pack rat, and if I
need to, I have a new case picked out if I absolutely must buy one.
recently I threw away several old video cards that don't work with
newer computers. I almost had an anxiety attack. Now to do something
with old audio cards?

Are there any other pack rats who understand how I feel?

When you're done building a new computer with old parts, you'll still
have an old computer.

I suppose if you have a need for an old technology computer it might
make sense but otherwise, what's the point?