Dan O.

Default Microwave stopped heating

pj wrote in message ...

My Sharp microwave, manufactured 13 years ago
this October 1st, has suddenly stopped heating.
All it does is make a VERY loud, whirring sound
when I try to use it. The turntable still rotates, but
nothing else happens. I looked in the manual,
and it stated that should it stop heating, check the
outlet, and the fuse, before having it serviced.

This may sound like a dumb question, but where
exactly IS the fuse?

The only fuse would usually be inside the cabinet and require some
disassembly of the unit. It isn't the problem anyway because if it were the
whole microwave would stop working including all lights, motors, etc.

Can anyone offer any advice, other than the usual
"replace it, it's time!"?

If you took it to a local microwave repair depot, it may not be that
expensive to repair.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com