Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Smart meters not smart enough

It is probably precisely because of the cock ups that this is happening.
Pity as I was looking forward to having a talking meter that for once I can
be sure the reading is correct.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Alan J. Wylie" wrote in message
"Brian Gaff" writes:

According to EDF, the current smart meters cannot cope with Economy 7
systems like mine.

However since all this about how hackable the current ones are and how
the comms has had to be redesigned etc, I really feel they should lay
off installing them till they are sure they work on all systems, cope
with mixed tariffs and are not hackable.

Sounds like it's not going to happen.

https://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/...-smart-meters/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/con...er-revolution/

--
Alan J. Wylie
http://www.wylie.me.uk/

Dance like no-one's watching. / Encrypt like everyone is.
Security is inversely proportional to convenience