jeff

Default Microwave stopped heating

(pj) wrote in message ...

Hi,

All it does is make a VERY loud, whirring sound
when I try to use it. I say loud, because it has never sounded this way
before. The turntable still rotates, but nothing else happens.

A copy...
Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat
up the food?

A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the
other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode.

This may sound like a dumb question, but where exactly IS the fuse? The
manual neglects to tell me that. (This is a countertop model, not an
over-the-range type.)

The fuse is right in side the unit, but if the fuse lets go the entire
unit ( clock, lights everthing ) would go off.

Can anyone offer any advice, other than the usual "replace it, it's time!"?
Thanks in advance.
-- pj

Take it in to local repair shop for an est....if too much to repair
purchase a new unit.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/