Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Video surveilance

On Tue, 23 May 2017 20:16:30 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 22/05/2017 19:01, dennis@home wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:21, DerbyBorn wrote:
Since being hit a couple of time by cars a property near me has erected
video cameras - I guess as a means of collecting evidence if it happens
again. I suspect there is a speed monitor on the same posts. They are on
tall posts and the cameras are clearly trained onto the public road.

I thought that such cameras needed to carry an appropriate notice - or
that
they are just not permitted.

I feel inclined to register my concern - but to whom?

Why are you concerned?

Anyone can put up a cctv camera but they now have to comply with the DPA
which basically means you can't go posting the videos on public sites,
etc. Businesses still have to register under the DPA but not home users.

You can post a video of someone committing a crime in a public site.

You can't get a more public place than the open road so is dashcam
footage in breach of the DPA? Perhaps the horse will sue me.

https://youtu.be/uySsUS6Ya88
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%