Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Smart meters not smart enough

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 18:46:33 +0100, Alan J. Wylie wrote:

However since all this about how hackable the current ones are and
how the comms has had to be redesigned etc, I really feel they
should lay off installing them till they are sure they work on all
systems, cope with mixed tariffs and are not hackable.

Sounds like it's not going to happen.

https://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/...-smart-meters/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/con...-ones-noticed-
tories-quietly-killing-smart-meter-revolution/

Has the Smart Meter program ever been compulsary?

Maybe, it's not now though.

My supplier keeps contacting me to arrange fitting, even after I've told
them I don't want them. The Gov's stance now is 'If your supplier tells you
you *must* have smart meters fitted, contact citizens advice and offgem as
this is false, no one has to have them fitted if they choose not to'