Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cats

On Monday, 22 May 2017 22:01:42 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 22/05/2017 19:17, Andrew wrote:
On 22/05/2017 17:44, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
harry wrote:

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 21:19:37 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The 30 year old, 20 stone, 7 foot tall, unemployable imbecile, still
living with his parents next door has got a new cat. The other cats
have all died :-)

Cats are useful in the garden.
They catch mice and moles.

And rabbits and squirrels, in our case.

They mostly murder the birdlife round here.

What's left of them. And it's not the cats

https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved...ddeclines.aspx

And cats kill 55 million birds a year according to this one?

did you read it. ?
No evidence

Despite the large numbers of birds killed, there is no scientific evidence that predation by cats in gardens is having any impact on bird populations UK-wide. This may be surprising, but many millions of birds die naturally every year, mainly through starvation, disease, or other forms of predation. There is evidence that cats tend to take weak or sickly birds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science...-cat-on-a-lead

So? I usually get one of two birds hit the windscreen or the house
window every year. Multiply that by the number of houses and cars in the UK.

The worst are those traveling down country lanes the backdraft can knock a barnowl for from the sky.

I did the RSPB's garden survey last year. I told then that I had three
Golden Eagles and an Albatross in my back garden.

A french flatmate once told me that there were two dodos sitting on my kitchen window ceil, I didn't belive her either.