Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bees

"critcher" wrote in message
news
On 22/05/2017 18:37, Brian Reay wrote:
On 22/05/17 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Just noticed some bees flying around under the guttering of the house.
Can't see a nest and don't want one.

Any ideas on how to discourage them?

Wait until dusk, spray some wasp/bee killer (a whole can) into any hole
you can see.

Ideally, try to see where the bees are entering first.

I used an elastic band to keep the spray going and left the can in place
while 'retiring', having bunged up the hole with a rag.

In my case it was wasps. A day or so later, I removed the rag and there
was no more activity. I then lifted the tiles after a couple of days and
cleaned out the mess. Don't rush it.

Ideally, you want a cool evening, they 'retreat' at dusk when it is cool.

what's the point of that? if they are wasps they will all die come autumn
and it gets cold. If they are bees then killing them is a bit silly.Get a
beekeeper to sort it.

Lot quicker to kill them yourself.