Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Video surveilance

alan_m wrote in
:

On 22/05/2017 17:21, DerbyBorn wrote:
Since being hit a couple of time by cars a property near me has
erected video cameras - I guess as a means of collecting evidence if
it happens again. I suspect there is a speed monitor on the same
posts. They are on tall posts and the cameras are clearly trained
onto the public road.

I thought that such cameras needed to carry an appropriate notice -
or that they are just not permitted.

I feel inclined to register my concern - but to whom?

Cameras pointing at bridges etc. to collect evidence about who hits
them are common place. The cameras come without warning signs about
the collection of this evidence.

Even with many speed cameras the signs are only placed anywhere within
a half mile radius and not necessarily close to the camera.

But can a private (or business) do this?