Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reluctantly have to increase my hourly rate

On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:00:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Im not as young and implusive as I use to be. While adding yet
another corpse to my memories wont keep me awake at night, I dont even
hunt much anymore and Ball hasnt reached the level (yet) needed to
take yet another life. Its not that he is human (he isnt)...he is an
entire weekend project and a few hundred dollars and a great deal of
planning. So I simply laugh at him, plink him and go on with my life.

Now the next time you go through there, if you want to cap his ass, Id
be happy to add more Free Stuff to your pile, along with replacing
whatever ammo it takes. High Energy Exothermic materials may take a
bit longer to replace. Shrug

I'll have to pass. Before the SHTF, too many people care about it.
And after, I won't be able to go on those fun romps down to CA.

I go on Usenet between doing other things now days. Work has picked up
a bit, and I got home around 8ish or so last night. This is
Sunday...right? Blink blink....I think its Sunday. Been another long
rough week. Took care of 5 clients and prepped and loaded 15 TONs of
steel into the back of a United Rental flatbed truck over the course
of 3 days, along with drilling and deburring some (40) 3x4' 1" steel
plates. I logged 63.5 hours and in return, was paid some $2103.17 for
the various service calls and labor.

That's a long, tough week.

Most of the labor was time spent continuing to clearing out my
buddies side yard of all the "scrap", while doing it on a fork lift
that is almost toast. I know there is a plugged filter on it
somewhere..I simply..cant find it. The dirtball piece of **** needs a
pressure washing badly..or a copy of the owners manual to find said
filter. I know its a TMC forklift..but no model or data plate can be
found. That moving and "scraping" paid me a whopping $400...about $10
an hour. But he is doing the best he can do at the moment and Ill see
more later.

It beats not working, right?

On the plus side, he gave me a good working Cadillac
Tracer to put on my big lathe, a nice 3/8" capable Miller plasma
cutter with both hand torch and plasma table torch and a optical table
that the torch runs on. Draw the print, center the line under the
sensor and hit "cut" and it traces the line and cuts the metal while
following the line. So its not exactly a "wash" for helping him.
Besides..he has been a good friend for 15 + yrs, and Id have helped
him for free.

Nice score on the plasma.

He is getting $180/ton for the "scrap"...which is double the $90/ton
of regular scrap yards here. The buyer wants all the rounds, I beams,
cuts and whatnot we can give him and is willing to pay for them. I a,
filling a 8 x 23 x 4' drop-off, with chips, cuttings and odd bits of
metal..about 3' deep so far...but thats $40/ton at a scrap yard.

Crom! I knew the price was down, but that's ridiculous.

Ive not dumped my cameras yet, so will be adding to the album later
today. These are from a couple weeks ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

Between you and Iggy, I get depressed thinking about how many
companies are going out of business.

--
In today’s academia and mainstream media,
we’re all guilty of hate until proven leftist.

--Robert Knight, senior fellow, American Civil Rights Union