Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reluctantly have to increase my hourly rate

On Sun, 14 May 2017 10:28:16 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700, Gunner Asch

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Reluctantly have to increase my hourly rate
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

I hate to do it but I need to raise my fees.

Snerk!!

Sigh, another misspelled word. You certainly do flaunt your lack of
education rather boldly, don't you.

One can only assume that you meant to write "Sneak" which can be mean
to "make off with belongings of others". Or perhaps "snake" (in the
grass)?
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

I hate to do it but I need to raise my fees.

Snerk!!

Sigh, another misspelled word. You certainly do flaunt your lack of
education rather boldly, don't you.

What do you expect from someone who brags on his Facebook page that he
studied "Machining" at "a bunch of nite [sic] schools".

One can only assume that you meant to write "Sneak" which can be mean
to "make off with belongings of others". Or perhaps "snake" (in the
grass)?

No, he thinks it's a funny-sounding expletive. If there's any
misspelling, then he possibly is misspelling "snark". Remember too,
that while most people when killfiling someone might write "plonk", the
Amazing Wieber renders it as "plink".

Wieber is nothing if not affected and pretentious. If you ask a normal
person if he has been to, say, some new restaurant, and he hasn't gone
there yet, he'll likely say "I haven't been there yet." Not the Amazing
Wieber - he's likely to say, trying to sound high-falutin', "I've not
been there yet." It's grammatically correct, but it's an absurd
affectation for someone of Wieber's educational attainment and
socio-economic background. Not 1% of people from Grayling MI would say
that, and the 1% who might are elderly *and* educated.

--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

I hate to do it but I need to raise my fees.

Snerk!!

Sigh, another misspelled word. You certainly do flaunt your lack of
education rather boldly, don't you.

One can only assume that you meant to write "Sneak" which can be mean
to "make off with belongings of others". Or perhaps "snake" (in the
grass)?

Yet again we find you unfamiliar with a simple 5 letter word, in
rather common use in the US. Thats rather funny..and its even more
hysterical watching you preening yourself as you waltz around on a
fresh dog turd in self agrandizement.

Here...Ill help you out..teach you something that will help you get a
better grasp of American/North American verbage and language. Yes..I
know that your utter ignorance is as vast as the Sahara..but...its
mothers day..and its my gift to someone who has no mother.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sner...utf-8&oe=utf-8

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

I hate to do it but I need to raise my fees.

Snerk!!

Sigh, another misspelled word. You certainly do flaunt your lack of
education rather boldly, don't you.

What do you expect from someone who brags on his Facebook page that he
studied "Machining" at "a bunch of nite [sic] schools".

One can only assume that you meant to write "Sneak" which can be mean
to "make off with belongings of others". Or perhaps "snake" (in the
grass)?

No, he thinks it's a funny-sounding expletive. If there's any
misspelling, then he possibly is misspelling "snark". Remember too,
that while most people when killfiling someone might write "plonk", the
Amazing Wieber renders it as "plink".

Well, how else would one who lisps in a rather high pitched voice,
while fluttering their wrists, spell it?

--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Strange that. I simply can not find the word "snerk" in any
authoritative English dictionary. The fact that you argue that it is
some sort of "in" word amongst the initiated is meaningless. What will
be next? You running around in a dashiki with an afro calling everyone
"bro"?

But while you are perusing your Urban Dictionary you might look up the
term "**** head". So you would understand when some one is talking to
you.
--
Cheers,

Schweik

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Define "authoritative English dictionary" The link I provided to you
above, lists about 50 or so of them.

But while you are perusing your Urban Dictionary you might look up the
term "**** head". So you would understand when some one is talking to
you.

Odd..no authoritative English dictionary defines "**** head". So then
you are obviously simply rambling. Correct?

On the other hand..a term that describes you adequately can be found
in Websters and other "authoritative" dictionaries. Coprophiliac,
And yet another...skatophagos

Now Ill leave you to your snack. Bon appetite!

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 14 May 2017 19:17:49 -0700, Robert Feniello
wrote:

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

I hate to do it but I need to raise my fees.

Snerk!!

Sigh, another misspelled word. You certainly do flaunt your lack of
education rather boldly, don't you.

What do you expect from someone who brags on his Facebook page that he
studied "Machining" at "a bunch of nite [sic] schools".

One can only assume that you meant to write "Sneak" which can be mean
to "make off with belongings of others". Or perhaps "snake" (in the
grass)?

No, he thinks it's a funny-sounding expletive. If there's any
misspelling, then he possibly is misspelling "snark". Remember too,
that while most people when killfiling someone might write "plonk", the
Amazing Wieber renders it as "plink".

Well, how else would one who lisps in a rather high pitched voice,
while fluttering their wrists, spell it?

Ask your husband and if possible..get a video so all can understand
what you are talking about.

---

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Ah yes, trying to make yourself sound rather grand and important. "No
Sir! I am not a **** eater, I sir, am a skatophagos'

Well, I guess if that is what you are there is no reason for not
trying to wear a grandiose title.

So, no more gunner asch I guess. Now it will be skatophagos ass I
suppose.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

My favorite Wieberisms are his various takes on vice versa. There have
been quite a few, including visa versa. Must be something he learned
at his black tie dinners.

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/****head

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Wieber's most comical misspellings are nearly always of words he's using
to try to sound erudite. Often, in addition to being misspelled,
they're simply the wrong word for the context.

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Wrong spelling. Sorry.

---

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Ah yes, trying to make myself sound rather grand and important. "No
Sir! I am not a **** eater, I sir, am a skatophagos'

Well, I guess if that is what I am, there is no reason for not
trying to wear a grandiose title.

. Now I will be skatophagos mouth I suppose.

You got it in one.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 14 May 2017 19:17:49 -0700, Robert Feniello
wrote:

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

The Word "Snark" means "Death". As in "Hunting for the Snark".
It is an old English word - maybe even OLD English but likely only
1800's by a Math master in Logic.

Martin

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Wrong spelling.

VBG You're no one to be ****ing and moaning about spelling,
dole-scrounger.

"self [sic] agrandizement [sic]"
"thats" [sic]
"Afterall" [sic]
"verbage" [sic]
"intollerant" [sic]
"linear torgue" [sic]

There is at least one glaring misspelling in at least 75% of your posts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 14 May 2017 19:17:49 -0700, Robert Feniello
wrote:

From: Gunner Asch
Newsgroups: alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 07:03:16 -0700

[...]

Correct.

Its rather amusing watching the little kids hunt for and zoom in on
tiny pieces of something and blow it up as a major deal. Similar to
watching them hunting for a twisted thread in a large sail and making
a big deal about it. (Grin) But hey..it gives them something to do,
shows the readers what age and alzheimers causes and makes em easy to
plink into the bozo bin.

Btw..as I mentioned many times over the years....plink rather than
plonk is the term I choose, due to its simularity to the sound one
hears when flicking a booger into a steel trash can. There is no
Plonk sound..at best..if you listen very very closely...you may hear a
very gentle "plink" as it strikes the side and then oozes downwards
into the rest of the trash.

It means its the effort of a moment, a semi concious effort to remove
a niggling bit of temporary irritation, a faint itch from ones nostril
and is accomplished in a moment, without much thought and forgotten
about mere moments later.

All the good trolls are gone from Usenet, or are dead. Having these
poor lads trying to pick up the banner from Lee Harrison and others,
is amusing to watch. Like watching small children trying to walk in
their fathers steel toed work boots.

Shrug

Off to LA again.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 May 2017 06:25:14 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Having these
poor lads trying to pick up the banner from Lee Harrison and others,
is amusing to watch.

How many more years before you decide if you like being ridiculed, or
if you're going to kill all the offenders? If only you could earn a
living teaching people how to contradict themselves, eh, Wieber?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I used to go plinking with my .22 as a kid. The sound the tiny bullet
going through the beer can (real tin/steel back then) was "plink".

If you really _were_ plinking these guys, they wouldn't be here to
harass us, now would they? Thinking of them as boogers isn't as nice,
but I suppose it's more legal.

It means its the effort of a moment, a semi concious effort to remove
a niggling bit of temporary irritation, a faint itch from ones nostril
and is accomplished in a moment, without much thought and forgotten
about mere moments later.

Yes, that's why I plonk 'em quickly (and wish you did more rapidly.)

--
In today’s academia and mainstream media,
we’re all guilty of hate until proven leftist.

--Robert Knight, senior fellow, American Civil Rights Union
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

When you fire a 22 through a supressed 22 self loader into the back of
a skull, its more..."thud" followed by a bigger rustling sound as they
collapse.

If you really _were_ plinking these guys, they wouldn't be here to
harass us, now would they? Thinking of them as boogers isn't as nice,
but I suppose it's more legal.

Ive put Ball into the kill file some 773 times so far. "so your "if
you Really_were" verbage is utter bull****, Larry. Sorry my
friend...but there is only so much I can do, other than simply drive
up to Sacto and terminate him. Or have it done.

Im not as young and implusive as I use to be. While adding yet
another corpse to my memories wont keep me awake at night, I dont even
hunt much anymore and Ball hasnt reached the level (yet) needed to
take yet another life. Its not that he is human (he isnt)...he is an
entire weekend project and a few hundred dollars and a great deal of
planning. So I simply laugh at him, plink him and go on with my life.

Now the next time you go through there, if you want to cap his ass, Id
be happy to add more Free Stuff to your pile, along with replacing
whatever ammo it takes. High Energy Exothermic materials may take a
bit longer to replace. Shrug

It means its the effort of a moment, a semi concious effort to remove
a niggling bit of temporary irritation, a faint itch from ones nostril
and is accomplished in a moment, without much thought and forgotten
about mere moments later.

Yes, that's why I plonk 'em quickly (and wish you did more rapidly.)

I go on Usenet between doing other things now days. Work has picked up
a bit, and I got home around 8ish or so last night. This is
Sunday...right? Blink blink....I think its Sunday. Been another long
rough week. Took care of 5 clients and prepped and loaded 15 TONs of
steel into the back of a United Rental flatbed truck over the course
of 3 days, along with drilling and deburring some (40) 3x4' 1" steel
plates. I logged 63.5 hours and in return, was paid some $2103.17 for
the various service calls and labor.

Most of the labor was time spent continuing to clearing out my
buddies side yard of all the "scrap", while doing it on a fork lift
that is almost toast. I know there is a plugged filter on it
somewhere..I simply..cant find it. The dirtball piece of **** needs a
pressure washing badly..or a copy of the owners manual to find said
filter. I know its a TMC forklift..but no model or data plate can be
found. That moving and "scraping" paid me a whopping $400...about $10
an hour. But he is doing the best he can do at the moment and Ill see
more later. On the plus side, he gave me a good working Cadillac
Tracer to put on my big lathe, a nice 3/8" capable Miller plasma
cutter with both hand torch and plasma table torch and a optical table
that the torch runs on. Draw the print, center the line under the
sensor and hit "cut" and it traces the line and cuts the metal while
following the line. So its not exactly a "wash" for helping him.
Besides..he has been a good friend for 15 + yrs, and Id have helped
him for free.

He is getting $180/ton for the "scrap"...which is double the $90/ton
of regular scrap yards here. The buyer wants all the rounds, I beams,
cuts and whatnot we can give him and is willing to pay for them. I a,
filling a 8 x 23 x 4' drop-off, with chips, cuttings and odd bits of
metal..about 3' deep so far...but thats $40/ton at a scrap yard.

Ive not dumped my cameras yet, so will be adding to the album later
today. These are from a couple weeks ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 12:00 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Ive not dumped my cameras yet, so will be adding to the album later
today. These are from a couple weeks ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

That's a reasonably tidy but sizable shop you're scrapping out.

Get some rest, maybe grab something down at the Jolly Kone?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Something you've never done, so you wouldn't know anything about it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 11:08 AM, Del Gue wrote:
On 5/21/2017 12:00 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Ive not dumped my cameras yet, so will be adding to the album later
today. These are from a couple weeks ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

That's a reasonably tidy but sizable shop you're scrapping out.

VBG It's a ****pile.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 12:40 PM, Bill Flett wrote:
When you fire a 22 through a supressed 22 self loader into the back of
a skull,

Something you've never done, so you wouldn't know anything about it.

Why don't you volunteer for target practice, Rudy?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 1:35 PM, andy memory wrote:
On 5/21/2017 12:40 PM, Bill Flett wrote:
When you fire a 22 through a supressed 22 self loader into the back of
a skull,

Something you've never done, so you wouldn't know anything about it.

Here's some bull**** I stole from someone with a tennis-ball-size brain tumor

Hello, Poxed Pee-Pee! Why are you posting as "andy memory" (and
"Schuman" and "Phil Laundry" and "terron musgrave") and using
discredited bull**** from Derek Nash?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 12:08:10 -0600, Del Gue wrote:

On 5/21/2017 12:00 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Ive not dumped my cameras yet, so will be adding to the album later
today. These are from a couple weeks ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

That's a reasonably tidy but sizable shop you're scrapping out.

Get some rest, maybe grab something down at the Jolly Kone?

Ive got to plasma cut out a centerboard for a guys sailboat that is
sitting out front. I was just hitting the plate of 3/8" I picked up,
with a 9" wire wheel with one of the big hand grinders and am getting
ready to lay it out. The boat is something of a piece of ****, with
concrete ballast. 17' long and built for beginners by a company long
out of business. Its lines are good..implimentation sucks big dogs
dick unfortunately.

Looks just like this one:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sailboat/st-c...ard/1161123035

Ill snap some photos as the work progresses. That centerboard is 1/4"
aluminum....which makes it ****ing useless and only hangs down about
18"..making the boat go upwind...hardly at all.

Ive designed a centerboard that will fan out from 2 pieces of 3/8
steel plate, which should provide at least..at least 50% more ability
to go to windward than it has now. Or at least...on paper...shrug.
Having an additional 45 lbs of ballast should help as well...even if
it doesnt go to windward...cringe. I think Ive got all the numbers
right..but this is my first serious "modification of hull design" and
am holding my breath that it works the way I designed it.
The owner has days off in the middle of the week, when Im down south
working..so his help has been non existant.

the link above....

The shop is going up for sale either in part or as a whole. He wants
$250k for the contents, and its more than worth it. He was a
millwright for most of his career, for GE and 20+ yrs ago, opened his
own business after never seeing his family for months at a time, world
traveling on GE service jobs. Everything from turbins to crushing
plants. Even now..he has more work than he wants to do..Ive posted a
number of links to the work Ive done with him. But his knees are in
bad need of replacement, his back is giving him fits and he is almost
70, so he simply wants to retire and go fishing. If I knew that end
of the business well enough..Id run it for him..but I dont..and admit
I dont..so we are shutting it down. Got a young guy ..a really sharp
sharp guy..who would love to buy it..and even do millwright work...but
he just expanded his business..so coming up with $250k might be out of
his reach. We keep telling him he needs to shut down his current
shop, move his machines down to this one, rent the building from Jim,
and make payments on the machinery and Jim would be happy to work as a
consultant to him for a fee. This guy is the one buying all the
materials for one-off machining jobs. Smart kid..really smart.

Having shops capable of making big parts is growing increasingly
scarce here in California...many many many have shut down, scrapped
their machines and gone tits up..so the remainder have a fair amount
of work at this time. Finding a shop that can refurbish a 15'
flywheel for a rock crusher...getting really hard to find. We did one
late last year, lying flat and out in the parking lot. (Grin)

Jim supplies the brains and tools..I supply the strong back and weak
mind (Grin) and sweat equity.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:18 -0700, Bill Flett
wrote:

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Bill Flett
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:18 -0700

wrote:

[...]

So who said I did? Not me. And yes...you didnt bother to change your
posting host this time.

(Grin)

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Bill Flett
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:18 -0700

wrote:

[...]

So who said I did? Not me.

VBG *Always* the fearful backpedal, and coming even faster after that
paranoid Facebook post you made about the dumb **** getting arrested for
a threat he made on his Facebook page. That was really funny!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Bill Flett
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:18 -0700

wrote:

[...]

So the cites to where I said I had, are where? I notice you didnt
answer that question.

And which post are you talking about visa vis Facebook?

Trot out a link and we can look at it. Double dog dare you.

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

From: Bill Flett
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:18 -0700

wrote:

[...]

It's implicit in your claim that you know what it sounds like. Of
course, this is just another of your empty Walter Mitty boasts, such as
having been a mercenary in southern Africa, or "Ive not gutted a
man...", or kicking a lightbulb out of a fixture on an 8' ceiling, or
264mph motorcycle rides on a public highway. No one believes any of them.

And which post are you talking about visa vis Facebook?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tion?CMP=fb_us

You shared that to your Facebook page three days ago. It's still there
at this moment. Your corrupt buddy Mike Terrell commented on it, but
then he removed his comments after someone mocked him for them.

Trot out a link and we can look at it. Double dog dare you.

VBG "Double dog dare you". It was kind of a cute line in "A
Christmas Story", but not something an adult man says.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 3:46 PM, Bill Flett wrote:
It was kind of a cute line in "A Christmas Story", but not something an
adult man says.

Here's some critical data on YOU little man Ball:

11 years ago, while posting under this current nym, Rudy Canoza, we had a
discussion about a revised marketing claim concerning grass-fed beef from
USDA. You claimed that you had written to and received a reply from
William T.
Sessions, Associate Deputy Administrator, Livestock and Seed Program. Here
below is the post you wrote using the nym Rudy Canoza containing your
correspondence with William Sessions.

[start- Jon to me]
Eat **** and bark at the moon, Dreck - the proposed
standard has NOT been adopted. I wrote to William
Sessions, the associate deputy administrator (how's
that for a title) at the Livestock and Seed Program at
USDA that is in charge of writing the standard for the
"meat marketing claims"; his name, title and e-mail
address are at a web page whose URL I gave yesterday,
http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_i...p?news_id=1152

Here's his reply:

From: "Sessions, William"
To: jonball@[...]
Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim
standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly, the
standards have not been published in a final form for use. I
hope this information is helpful.
Please let me know if further information is needed.
Thanks,
William T. Sessions
Associate Deputy Administrator
Livestock and Seed Program

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 2:54 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Yeah, nice lines, but the daggerboard on that one was hosed too!

Ill snap some photos as the work progresses. That centerboard is 1/4"
aluminum....which makes it ****ing useless and only hangs down about
18"..making the boat go upwind...hardly at all.

Dang that's a shorty.

Ive designed a centerboard that will fan out from 2 pieces of 3/8
steel plate, which should provide at least..at least 50% more ability
to go to windward than it has now. Or at least...on paper...shrug.
Having an additional 45 lbs of ballast should help as well...even if
it doesnt go to windward...cringe. I think Ive got all the numbers
right..but this is my first serious "modification of hull design" and
am holding my breath that it works the way I designed it.
The owner has days off in the middle of the week, when Im down south
working..so his help has been non existant.

the link above....

Great project pal, good work.

[...]

What you said about machine shops going away resonates.

When a society loses its tool making skills it's toast.

Keep on keeping on.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/21/2017 2:53 PM, Terron Musgrave wrote:
On 5/21/2017 3:46 PM, Bill Flett wrote:
It was kind of a cute line in "A Christmas Story", but not something
an adult man says.

Here's some bull**** I stole from someone with a tennis-ball-size brain tumor

Hello, Poxed Pee-Pee! Why are you posting as "terron musgrave" (and
"Schuman" and "Phil Laundry" and "andy memory") and using discredited
bull**** from Derek Nash?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:00:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Im not as young and implusive as I use to be. While adding yet
another corpse to my memories wont keep me awake at night, I dont even
hunt much anymore and Ball hasnt reached the level (yet) needed to
take yet another life. Its not that he is human (he isnt)...he is an
entire weekend project and a few hundred dollars and a great deal of
planning. So I simply laugh at him, plink him and go on with my life.

Now the next time you go through there, if you want to cap his ass, Id
be happy to add more Free Stuff to your pile, along with replacing
whatever ammo it takes. High Energy Exothermic materials may take a
bit longer to replace. Shrug

I'll have to pass. Before the SHTF, too many people care about it.
And after, I won't be able to go on those fun romps down to CA.

I go on Usenet between doing other things now days. Work has picked up
a bit, and I got home around 8ish or so last night. This is
Sunday...right? Blink blink....I think its Sunday. Been another long
rough week. Took care of 5 clients and prepped and loaded 15 TONs of
steel into the back of a United Rental flatbed truck over the course
of 3 days, along with drilling and deburring some (40) 3x4' 1" steel
plates. I logged 63.5 hours and in return, was paid some $2103.17 for
the various service calls and labor.

That's a long, tough week.

Most of the labor was time spent continuing to clearing out my
buddies side yard of all the "scrap", while doing it on a fork lift
that is almost toast. I know there is a plugged filter on it
somewhere..I simply..cant find it. The dirtball piece of **** needs a
pressure washing badly..or a copy of the owners manual to find said
filter. I know its a TMC forklift..but no model or data plate can be
found. That moving and "scraping" paid me a whopping $400...about $10
an hour. But he is doing the best he can do at the moment and Ill see
more later.

It beats not working, right?

On the plus side, he gave me a good working Cadillac
Tracer to put on my big lathe, a nice 3/8" capable Miller plasma
cutter with both hand torch and plasma table torch and a optical table
that the torch runs on. Draw the print, center the line under the
sensor and hit "cut" and it traces the line and cuts the metal while
following the line. So its not exactly a "wash" for helping him.
Besides..he has been a good friend for 15 + yrs, and Id have helped
him for free.

Nice score on the plasma.

He is getting $180/ton for the "scrap"...which is double the $90/ton
of regular scrap yards here. The buyer wants all the rounds, I beams,
cuts and whatnot we can give him and is willing to pay for them. I a,
filling a 8 x 23 x 4' drop-off, with chips, cuttings and odd bits of
metal..about 3' deep so far...but thats $40/ton at a scrap yard.

Crom! I knew the price was down, but that's ridiculous.

Ive not dumped my cameras yet, so will be adding to the album later
today. These are from a couple weeks ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/ysGEp3miwn4YJNng9

Between you and Iggy, I get depressed thinking about how many
companies are going out of business.

From: Bill Flett
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 11:40:18 -0700

wrote:

[...]

But you aren't talking to an "adult man" you are talking to a poor,
feeble, old fellow who is desperate to prove that he actually is a
truly heroic person. I mean he carries a gun, doesn't he, and he has
this imaginary backhoe that he digs imaginary graves for the multitude
that he imagines that he has shot and killed.

Gunner, the imaginary hero.
--
Cheers,

Schweik