Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default UPVC door.

On Saturday, 20 May 2017 13:32:07 UTC+1, Phil Addison wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2017 16:30:51 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Any gotchas about a DIY install? I've done PVC windows and patio doors OK
some time ago.

The biggest gotcha IMO is that that they have a frame that goes ALL the way round
including the bit that sits on your existing cill, and you will have to step over every
time you go in or out. Plus what others have said - floppy, poor locks etc.

When I put in my new 920mm wood front door, I had a custom machined hardwood 70x75 frame
made for it, with interal cill, seals, and fanlight aperture above. Bit of overkill for
your roof terrace, but a huge immprovement on my old wobbly frame.

Phil

You can get door frames with a shallow metal strip instead of the "frame" on the bottom edge.
Even more floppy than the normal ones.