Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPVC door.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
You prevent this by strategic
placement of packing pieces between frame and sealed unit - by what is
called "heeling and toeing". The sealed unit then gives the frame the
necessary rigidity.

Yes, need to get the packing right on any opener, and a door is a big
opener with lots of leverage, if you have e.g. a lower foam core panel
obviously that's much lighter than D/G.

One other point to get clear in my head. Which isn't easy these days.

There is an existing sill made of wood (lead covered on the outside) which
is saying. The new frame comes with a sill - I've specified a aluminium
one as it is lower) Obviously that has to be well supported and level.
What would be the best thing to go between the new and old to support all
over and seal? Is foam strong enough? Or will the wall fixings etc be
taking most of the weight?

--
*I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.