Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Ping Trevor Wilson

On 18/05/2017 2:05 PM, wrote:
"As for your tone control thing, ALL Baxandall type tone controls
(which

is most of them) operate within a feedback loop. However, I suspect
you mean within the power amp stage? If so, then you are thinking of
1980s vintage Luxman amps. ALL Marantz amps employed separate tone
control circuits, with their own amplification and feedback systems.
"

Yes I meant in the power amp stage. And I swear I saw a Marantz that
was like that, in fact I probably got the print on the PC but I have
alot of Marantz prints. I was actually surprised to see it, and it
was the only one. I remember it was a lower end model but it still
had the Marantz look.

**I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Luxman, absolutely. Quite a few of
theirs employed such a system. If you figure out which Marantz, let me
know. I have pretty much every service manual for every model.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au