Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Ping Trevor Wilson

On 17/05/2017 2:18 PM, Phil Allison wrote:

Hi TW,

I have a Marantz SR2000 on the bench with both STK080G modules blown
and signs of attempted repair. I know the PSUs and tuners are OK.

WES does not stock the 080G but has the uprated 083G which appears to be pin compatible.

Can it be a drop in replacement?

Any mods needed ?

**Puke. Worst. Marantz. Products. Ever. Cheap ****. Lemme check for any
080s I may have in stock.

I have one STK-080-II in stock. It will almost certainly be a drop-in
replacement. Not sure about the 083G.

Looking at the .pdf on this page, suggests that it will be a drop-in
replacement:

http://www.datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/STK083G.html

I don't think you'll have a problem. Piece of **** SR2000. All the SR
range was crap, along with the tuners and integrated amps at the time.
That was built at a time when Marantz was in deep ****. The Pianocorder„˘
almost sent them to the wall and the quality of their audio products
went downhill real fast. Then Philips bailed them out and the quality
returned. One product they released almost did make me puke - Imperial,
by Marantz (no, not the speaker systems). A return to those 1960s,
single unit stereo systems. Plastic moulding, made to look like wood.
Spectacular example of bad taste. I measured one. 1.75 Watts/channel. Yikes!

I just checked the web. I can't find any reference to the atrocities
anywhere.

**** I hate Sanken **** and I wish manufacturers would stop using their
semis. *******s delete items forever, making it impossible to service
old products.