Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default A couple of comments on Ridgid tools

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 5/17/2017 6:24 PM, wrote:

Let's say you buy a Ridgid drill from company A. You bought it there
because they had the same exact drill as the one in Home Depot, but
the drill at HD was $50 more. This is where it is fun. If you bought
the drill from company A, then you can only get a 3 year warranty on
the tool and batteries. If you buy from HD, then as an HD policy,
you can get an LSA on both tool and battery. However, you must
register the tools regardless of where they are purchased with Ridgid
to get a warranty of any kind.

I bought my son an 18 volt Ridgid hammer/drill/driver and Impact Driver
with two batteries and charger for Christmas at HD. With that they
threw in cordless Ridgid circular saw in a separate box. IIRC $279.

I told him to register everything ASAP. He went a step further and
called. They echoed what you mentioned above, the batteries in the kit
have a LTW.

The cynic in me suspects that Ridgid (leveraging an old respected name)
makes more selling your PII gathered during registration than they end
up paying out in warranty claims :-)