Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Totally OT Drive By!

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:41:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Although I pay $125 for my AMEX business card, it pays a HEFTY return on purchases. The year before last when I was paying my roofing bill with it, I had a couple thousand in cash to use at Amazon.

More than 2%?

Strangely, it pays different amounts on different items purchased at different vendors. Possibly AMEX has some kind of participation from their vendors. Also, a three day stay at certain hotels (all moderately priced) will earn a $75 credit. More expensive hotels give you more. There are other perks too, but like the hotels, I don't take much advantage of them.

I like AMEX because they are great client advocates when a vendor/seller/manufacturer won't honor warranties. I also like that they will double (up to one year) the manufacturer's warranty on 99% of new purchases.

I must have missed that part. I hope you're doing OK.

Thanks. Not much to say. I was at the end of a long hard day working on the other end of town. I loaded up material and tied it to the headache rack, and let myself off the edge of the truck bed.

I slipped, rolled my leg over my ankle, broke my femur (spiral fracture) and popped my knee completely out of joint. Did a bunch of damage to the other parts and pieces of my leg when pulled, pushed, and moved too far. My foot turned purple with black spots in it from all the leaked blood. A lot of drama for a 4' drop.

Getting better, but it's slow. All this happened about 2 1/2 months ago. A solid 10 hour day of good work would sure do me wonders at this point.

Robert